Monday 16 July 2012

soap dispenser nightmare « Sightsnbytes' Blog

photo courtesy of copycat.com

My girlfriend and I love gadgets. Me especially, and I believe my love for gadgets has spilled onto her as well. One gadget that she enjoys is one that I hate.

The Lysol No Touch soap dispenser has to be the worst gadget ever to enter our home. My girl loves it, but for some reason, it just doesn’t work for me. It never dispenses enough soap for me, and when I move my hand, the remainder of the soap usually falls on the sink anyway. I woke up last night to the ‘Whirrrring’ sound of the dispenser, dispensing itself on our sink. The entire container of the stuff oozed down the side of the sink and onto the floor. Of course I got the blame. Damn thing is haunted if you ask me. I have had more difficulty with this product than the automatic toilet incident back at the College. (For more on this story, see the following story: Automatic Toilet Dilemma

The Lysol soap isn’t much better a product. Rather than moisturizing, it dries out skin, and it doesn’t do much a job at cleaning either. The makers of this product do know how to promote a product though, I will give them that. The soap refills are available in ‘girly’ scents such as vanilla, apple pie, etc.

I have a plan though. One day while the girlfriend is at work, I plan to disassemble that damn soap dispenser, and ‘fix’ it……I will keep you posted!

This is a common problem with automatic soap dispensers, regular cleaning of the sensor and changing of batteries keeps automatic soap dispensers trouble free!

No comments:

Post a Comment